Welcome to another edition of Workout Wednesday. Every Wednesday I will post a new Triathlon specific workout. If you like the workout, fit it into your training plan for the week. If you don’t like the workout you’re crazy, all of my workouts are brilliant pieces programming. (kidding)
Today’s Workout – Swim Ladder
Some days pool workouts can get so tedious and boring, it feels like torture. You spend your time staring at the black line at the bottom, waiting to touch the wall, and repeat. In today’s workout, the goal is to break it up, and focus key parts of the stroke. Thus, making the workout for interesting and effective.
- 100M – Focus on holding perfect form
- 200M – Focus on body rotation
- 300M – Focus on good head position
- 500M – Work at a nice even pace
- 300M – Focus on body rotation
- 200M – Increase your pace
- 100M – Let it rip. Go as quick as you can with good form
If your are not up to swimming these distances yet. You can decrease the distance of each rep. Maybe try do 50, 100, 200, 100, 50. Challenge yourself, and work on keeping the best form possible.
For some tips on proper form, check out these posts: